BBTV is a publicly traded media-tech company advancing the world through the creation, distribution, management and monetization of content. BBTV provides end-to-end solutions to content owners including proprietary tech, leading services and enhanced distribution & monetization. We have built proprietary VISO technologies leveraging machine learning, digital signal processing and big data to power our platform and ecosystem. Our key revenue streams represent the most relevant and scalable opportunities for monetization of digital IP across advertising, SaaS/content management, mobile apps and other revenue streams. BBTV is the second largest video property worldwide in terms of unique viewers following only Google, reaching tens of billions of monthly impressions.
BBTV is looking for a Vice President, Investor Relations (IR) to join their team. Reporting to the CFO, the Vice President, IR will be responsible for building, leading, and executing the company’s IR strategy and investor relationships to maximize shareholder value. With a proven track record at high-growth Canadian and US businesses, the successful candidate will work alongside BBTV’s executive team to proactively build credibility with the investment community through the preparation and effective rollout of external communications, strategic corporate positioning through intelligent market analysis, and ongoing interactions with external stakeholders in the investment community.
Exceptional communication skills, unparalleled investor relationships, experience building and leading teams, attention to detail, and a proactive attitude are key requirements for this position. BBTV is a high growth, global organisation which provides an exciting career opportunity for a dynamic, ambitious Investor Relations executive.
- Delivery of IR strategic plan, inclusive of roadshows, conferences, investor targeting and IR schedule.
- Lead the IR function and successfully build, mentor and drive forward the department to effectively deliver against the strategic plan.
- Build solid relationships across the business and with external stakeholders to meet IR objectives.
- Create systems and processes around informing external stakeholders, including analysts, around the company’s performance and future plans, and communicate such plans effectively with the market.
- Working with BBTV’s marketing team, ensure all investor material and collaterals on the site and across all company touchpoints are up to date.
- Owner and strategic lead surrounding investor communications, including: presentations, internal and external reporting, earnings messaging/Q&As, quarterly press releases, AGM materials and all related updates and material.
- Key stakeholder surrounding financial statements, MD&A and all related updates and material.
- Maintain and expand relationships with leaders across all relevant areas within the Canadian and U.S. Investor Community.
- Act as corporate spokesperson at leading Canadian and U.S. investor related conferences and investor meetings.
- Ongoing analysis, evaluation and strategic recommendations to BBTV’s executive team surrounding market positioning and corporate image.
- Provide timely and pertinent market intelligence to BBTV’s executive team, including regulatory, financial and industry trends, shareholder interests and competitor activity.
- Analyze and provide strategic insights and reporting to BBTV’s executive team on valuation and modeling techniques used by investors and analysts.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant and progressive experience, with at least 7 years of career focus on equity market research & analysis or investor relations in tech or media
- Demonstrated track record of maximizing shareholder value for high growth businesses
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Professional designation CFA, MBA, CA, CPA, or CMA preferred
- Strong understanding of securities laws and regulations in Canada and the U.S.
- Deep expertise and understanding of capital markets, financial performance metrics and corporate communication in the US and Canada
- Ability to present compelling and complex insights to internal and external stakeholders
- Media, technology, and digital entertainment industry knowledge is a must
To apply, please send your resume to Joanna O’Callaghan at Taylor Ryan Executive Search Partners quoting “VP Investor Relations” in the subject: Joanna@TaylorRyan.com. We thank all applicants in advance, however only qualified candidates may be contacted.