Our client, based in Vancouver is seeking a Senior Tax Analyst, Transfer Pricing to join their team.
Reporting to the Manager, Transfer Pricing, the Senior Analyst, Transfer Pricing will be a key member in a growing function within the organization. This role will be responsible for supporting the global transfer pricing team and for preparing the global consolidated income tax provision.
The Senior Analyst, Transfer Pricing will play an integral role in the group, acting as a centralized resource for the global function and liaising with finance management and staff in each of the regions.
Transfer Pricing (50%)
- Preparation of high quality global consolidated transfer pricing documentation, including the Country-by-Country report, Master and Local files. Preparation of high quality transfer pricing financial analysis, on a quarterly basis, to provide a current state of the transfer pricing function.
- Organize and centralize intercompany agreements that support the intercompany transactions that take place, identifying gaps and errors in documentation and initiating revisions where required.
- Review quarterly reporting for all regions and provide timely feedback and quick response times to regional questions. Follow through with regions to ensure errors are corrected.
- Take leadership in solving transfer pricing related issues.
- Remain current on transfer pricing regulatory environment and communicate key issues to team.
Tax Reporting (30%)
- Prepare accurate and timely quarterly tax provision, liaising with the regions to prepare accurate quarterly tax schedules.
- Prepare accurate and timely tax note disclosure for the annual financial statements.
- Prepare forecasts and analysis to support and explain the consolidated effective tax rate and future trends to the consolidated effective tax rate.
- Perform technical research to ensure tax accounting positions/ judgements are supported by the accounting and reporting standards.
Analytical Support (20%)
- Support Controller’s group in research and analysis for projects relating to financial reporting, management reporting and systems.
- Support Tax group in researching, modeling and implementing tax planning strategies to respond to changes in law or changes in the business.
- Financial analysis to support other finance or corporate initiatives as required.
- University Degree in Business and/or Finance (Commerce/Accounting)
- An accounting designation
- Minimum 5 years of post-designation accounting and/or industry experience
- Global reporting and accounting knowledge
- Knowledge of tax and transfer pricing requirements
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Strong financial accounting knowledge
- Exposure to public company disclosure and reporting (tax disclosures)
- Experience with ERP/Integrated accounting systems (PeopleSoft experience is an asset)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Action orientated, self-directed and proactive
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Adaptable and able to grasp new concepts quickly
- Manages his/her time effectively and efficiently
- Decision making skills to analyze situations and problems to find viable and timely solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
To apply, please send your resume, in word format, to Jade at Taylor Ryan Executive Search Partners quoting “Senior Analyst” in the subject: Jade@TaylorRyan.com
We thank all candidates in advance but only qualified candidates will be contacted.