At Paladin, we’re all about growth. Over the past four decades we’ve seen that growing our business is a direct outcome of growing our people. You don’t have to look far to see people that started on the front line and used their can-do attitude to grow into senior management and executive level roles.
As a key member of Paladin Security Group’s Senior Management team, the Senior Financial Controller will lead and develop a high-performing team that plays a pivotal role in driving business performance in partnership with operational leadership and executives.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are a proven leader, proactively defining a culture of continuous innovation and quality, clearly communicating a vision for how your teams execute.
You commit to making change happen, get in front of potential resistance with a collaborative problem-solving leadership style, and follow up when progress falters. An appreciation for the discipline of project management helps you to control how many change initiatives to bite off and celebrate when they succeed – or learn lessons and move on when they don’t.
You’ve been around accounting departments long enough know when your detailed P&L makes sense and when it doesn’t. You can reconcile in your sleep, ferret out errors in a snap – and follow through to address root causes.
You will undertake all aspects of financial management for Canadian and U.S. operations, including financial reporting, treasury, management reporting, auditor relations as well as enhancement of internal control processes.
- Deliver insight into the business by providing the information users need in an accurate, effective manner
- Create strategic value for Mergers and Acquisitions with scalable accounting services that enhance EBITDA through immediate back-office synergies
- Make sure customers get billed accurately and on-time, freeing up working capital to fuel growth and contributing to the end-to-end customer experience that makes Paladin their preferred security services business partner
- Oversee treasury and risk management functions, developing and maintaining relationships with banking and insurance partners
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 10+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- CPA designation
- Track record of implementing effective processes that deliver value to business partners
- Capable of elevating department skills to move from Excel-based processes to BI/ERP platforms
- Organized and systematic in dealing with administrative tasks
- Experience with creating financial statements (ASPE)
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Excellent customer service, a sense of urgency and superior attention to detail.
- Results driven with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment; equally adept at providing leadership as well as rolling up the sleeves when needed get the job done
- High level of discretion and confidentiality